Got the "gem" bracket finished, by looking at the closeup of the concept art I decided there was a use for the little angled plates sticking out from behind the gem, once added the whole head bracket became very strong and held the stone in there rock solid without glue or anything.
I stuck the bracket system on the staff to see how it feels.. might be a bit long but I can still cut that down to size. starting to take shape!
So after the fabrication of this bracket I can now work on the bladed end. I got to make the blank blade templates out of foam board before I start cutting alum-board.
Tomorrow is the blades, and the day after will be the scallops that go down the back and I'll be ready for final assembly, final detail, and painting :)
This is a collection of my crafting achievements and milestones. I'm a part time craftsman of props, costumes and various fabrications.